Thursday, September 6, 2007

God provides but when?

We hear all of the time that "God provides", He will meet your needs", but what do we do when He doesn't do what we want, when we want, how we want? What we do and what we should do are two different things. The thing we usually do is whine, blame, and come up with a plan of how to take care of ourselves. What we should do is take God at His word, trust Him and ask what the next step that He wants us to take. In Isaiah God's word tells us that God's ways or plan is higher or better than our plan. But sometimes we think our plan is better and should be the way to God because God took too long. Even in my own life I find myself at times wanting to go a different direction at times because I feel as though God has taken more time than I would have. I am so thankful that God loves us even when we do take a different direction and loves us enough to show us where we went wrong and helps place us back in the right direction. Time and time again, God reminds us as the song says, "He's an on time God, Yes He Is!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to find your blog ... I'll put your site in the bulletin and maybe get you even more readers ...

Love my church, love my pastors,
LOVE MY GOD!!!