This post will be different from normal, but I hope useful. In the last several days I have read and heard some great quotes and scriptures that I wanted to share with you. Some are funny, some are thought provoking, some are sad while others are deep. What have you been reading or studying in your quiet time? Has God given you any great thoughts or scriptures to help you through the day? If so, respond to this blog and let me know.
- If we tolerate what we should terminate, then corruption will permeate and sin will escalate!
- The woman at the well was more concerned about "where" to worship rather than the "who".
- I am sweating like a pavlovian dog thinking about Krispy Kream doughnuts!- E. Canur
- God is going to cut the grass one day!- Trevor Barton
- "So Let Your Light Shine before men that they might see your good works but glorify the father which is in heaven"- Matt 5:16
- When you give everything you have to Christ, then you have everything left!
- "I Want to leave this place better than I found it!"- JMH
- True humility is not making yourself small, but making others BIG. - Unknown
- "He who dwells in the secret place of the most high, will abide in the shadow of the almighty- Psalm 91
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
People ask me on a regular basis, what are some good things to read during my devotion time? This is actually a topic that God had placed on the heart of my Pastor and so in this particular post, I want to give you just a short synopsis of what he recommends. A great read for anybody would be the book of Proverbs. It has 31 books which naturally gives you 31 days you can read a chapter and use it during your time of prayer each morning or evening. Once you read through the corresponding chapter with the date of the month, it is a good idea to take the chapter verse by verse and ask God to do those things in your life or shape you according to His word. For example in Proverbs 3 when it says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart lean not to your own understanding", that's a good opportunity to ask the Lord to help you not always have to have your way and to trust Him more. What a great prayer, that we would trust God more. It doesn't sound like much but when you begin a daily digest of the word and putting it into action, you will see that God will bless and help you to become more like Him!